CORESafety TV (March 2021): The Ups and Downs of Staying Safe on Ladders
Welcome to the March edition of CORESafety TV — the online video program from the National Mining Association.
This is National Ladder Safety Month as designated by the American Ladder Institute. It’s the fifth anniversary of their efforts to make people more aware of the hazards that can be associated with ladders when they’re used improperly.
Mining operations often have a variety of ladders that miners need to use, whether they’re accessing certain areas underground to do their work or climbing up into a large haul truck at a surface mine, for example.
In this new episode of CORESafety TV, we interview Mike Van Bree, Director of Product Safety and Engineering at Louisville Ladder, Inc. Mike tells us about the importance of being safe when preparing to use a ladder, when climbing up and when climbing down.
We also take a look in this episode at CORESafety’s Module #11 – Change Management.
- CORESafety TV (March 2021 episode) – click here.
- CORESafety TV (February 2021 episode) – go here.
- NIOSH Ladder Safety App – find it here.
- CORESafety Module #11 Highlights – click here.
- CORESafety Module #11 Resources – go here.
- CORESafety website – find it here.
THIS MONTH’S FEATURED ORGANIZATIONS